Welcome to the Spring 2014 edition of CDIABETES: The Costco Healthy Living with Diabetes Magazine. For much of the country, this year brought a long, unforgiving winter. As the landscape thaws and the sun comes out, many people—myself included—are beginning to focus more attention on our health.
As you recover from heavy, cold weather meals and being stuck indoors, you can look forward to “Reducing Stress with Interesting People” and cooking up some fresh, seasonal produce cheaply after learning about “Eating Healthy Without Breaking the Bank.”
Or, if you’d prefer to stay inside a little longer, there are still ways you can keep fit: read on to find out how to manage your diabetes while having fun in “Blood Glucose & Video Games.” We have also addressed some confusion about medicines and supplements in “The Role of Vitamins in Diabetes Care,” “Should You be Taking a Statin?” and “Do Diabetes Medicines Prevent Cancer?”
As always, your Costco pharmacist and healthcare provider will be there to answer any questions you may have after reading this issue. Thank you for being a Costco Pharmacy customer.
Michael Mastromonica, RPh
Table of Contents
- What Patients Who Inject Insulin Need To Know
- Oral Health and Diabetes
- Healthy Spring Recipes: Guilt-Free Taco Bowl
- Healthy Spring Recipes: Blueberry Banana Yogurt Parfaits
- Reducing Stress With Interesting People
- Processed Foods and Type 2 Diabetes
- Letter From The Editor
- New Guidelines for Cholesterol Levels: Should You Be Taking A Statin?
- Eating Healthy Without Breaking The Bank
- Vitamins and Diabetes Care
- Whole Grains for a Fuller Life
- Blood Glucose and Video Games
- Start Each Meal with Something Healthy – Your Waistline Will Thank You
- Healthy Spring Recipes: Daybreak Scramble Pizza
- Are Diet Drinks A Safe Alternative to Soda?
- Could You Be Insulin Resistant?
- Middle Age Obesity Can Impact Your Golden Years