Welcome to the Summer 2014 edition of CDIABETES: The Costco Healthy Living with Diabetes Magazine. Summer is a great time to rethink your healthy lifestyle. When the days are longer, it’s fun to go outside to exercise. Even light walking can help you lose weight and control your blood glucose levels, as Joy Pape explains in “Simple Steps to Help You Take More Steps.”
As more colorful fruits and vegetables come into season, you might consider trying a lighter meal plan. Have a look at “Can a Vegetarian Meal Plan Lower My Risk of Diabetes and Heart Disease?” to see if reducing your meat intake might help you feel better. If you’re happy with your current meal plan but have trouble with portion sizes, you’ll learn easy ways to balance your meals in “What is Your Best Meal Plan?”
Our healthy recipe section is full of light and delicious dishes that are great for backyard barbeques. Why don’t you try quick and easy “Spicy Beef Satays,” “Portobellos and Asparagus,” or “Chunky Onion Dip”?
As always, your Costco pharmacist and healthcare provider will be there to answer any questions you may have after reading this issue. Thank you for being a Costco Pharmacy customer.
Michael Mastromonica, RPh
Table of Contents
- Natural Ways To Lower Cholesterol
- Oral Health and Diabetes
- What Patients Who Inject Insulin Need To Know
- Can A Vegetarian Meal Plan Lower My Risk Of Diabetes And Heart Disease?
- Quit Smoking Now To Improve Your Health
- What Is Your Best Meal Plan?
- Stress And Anxiety And Health Problems
- Omega-3 Fats And Brain Health In Older Women
- Simple Steps To Help You Take More Steps
- Balancing Calories For Health
- Can Weight Lifting Reduce The Risk Of Type 2 Diabetes In Women?
- Healthy Summer Recipes: Chunky Onion Dip
- Healthy Summer Recipes: Portobellos and Asparagus
- Healthy Summer Recipes: Spicy Beef Satays
- Water, Water Everywhere
- Teaching Seniors About Diabetes Care
- EXERCISE And HEALTHY FOOD Choices
- Letter From The Editor
- Avocado: The Superfood For Weight Loss and Diabetes Control
- Replacing Calories In Your Meal Plan With Sugar-Free Sweeteners