Talking, eating, kissing, dazzling everyone with your intellect. What don’t you need your mouth for? Your confidence can soar when your mouth is healthy. Also, the health of your mouth is an important step in maintaining the health of your body.
Where Does a Healthy Mouth Begin?
First, protect your teeth. Tooth decay is sneaky, so don’t give it a chance to attack. A few basics can help keep it at bay:
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Drink water instead of soda and other sugary drinks.
Healthy Oral Care Habits
- Start Soft. A soft bristle—or electric—toothbrush is best. Two minutes, twice a day.
- Fluoride Is Your Friend. Toothpastes like Colgate Total® can help prevent cavities with twice-daily brushing.
- Flossing. Seriously, just do it. It removes plaque from surfaces between the teeth where your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Mouthwash. Make it count. It’s about more than fresh breath. A rinse with fluoride and/or antibacterial actives can provide extra protection for teeth and/or gums.
- Keep Up with Checkups. See your dentist at least twice a year.