Makes 4 Servings
1 large sweet onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
1 large head romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise with core intact
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (2-ounce) kaiser roll, split in half
½ cup light Caesar vinaigrette
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place onions on grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on cut sides of romaine and place on grill. Cook each side 4 to 5 minutes, or just until lettuce begins to wilt.
- Meanwhile, brush remaining olive oil on cut sides of kaiser roll and place, oil side down, on grill. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes, or until roll gets crispy. Cut roll into ½-inch cubes for croutons.
- Place romaine on a platter; cut each half in half again. Top each romaine wedge with onion, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and Caesar vinaigrette, distributing evenly. Serve warm.
Calories 215, Calories from Fat 110, Total Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 560 mg, Potassium 475mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g, Protein 6g, Phosphorus 105mg
Exchanges: ½ Starch, 2 Vegetable, 2½ Fat