Curried Coconut Chicken
Recipe type: Main
- 12 oz boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 oz coconut milk
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup tomato puree
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Cook curry powder for 1 minute.
- Stir onion and garlic into curry powder and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add marinated chicken to pan and toss to coat with the curry paste.
- Reduce heat to medium low and let chicken cook for 7 to10 minutes until juices run clear.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato puree to chicken and stir to combine.
- Cover and let cook on low for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serving size: ¼ recipe Calories: 296 Fat: 17.2 g Carbohydrates: 9.7 g Sodium: 90 mg Fiber: 3.1 g Cholesterol: 76 mg