Tomato and Onion Omelet
A delicious tomato and onion omelet that's perfect for a high-protein breakfast or brunch.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 Tbsp tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp green chili, minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 2 Tbsp oil or butter
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp spring onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Take a non-stick frying pan and put it over low heat.
- In a bowl, crack 4 eggs.
- Now beat them very well. Add chopped tomato, salt, chopped onion, green chili, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, coriander leaves and spring onion. Mix well.
- Grease the frying pan with oil.
- When oil is heated properly, add the egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat.
- (Optional: garnish omelette with chopped cilantro leaves or spring onion.)
Calories: 218 Fat: 16.8 g Saturated fat: 4.3 g Carbohydrates: 3.6 g Sodium: 9.4 g Fiber: 0.9 g Protein: 13.9 g Cholesterol: 370 mg