You are probably aware of possible long-term complications of diabetes: heart disease and eye, kidney and nerve damage. But you may not be aware that diabetes can increase your risk for Osteoporosis and fractures—especially as you get older.
Here’s a list of the questions the author answers in this article:
- What is Osteoporosis?
- How can I find out if I have Osteoporosis?
- What can I do to lower my risk for Osteoporosis?
- What’s the link between Diabetes and Bone Health?
- Why do people with Diabetes have a a higher risk for fractures?
- How is Osteoporosis treated?