Cool watermelon, juicy tomatoes, and fresh basil with balsamic vinegar come together to create a refreshing, light salad. There’s no better way to use up your leftover watermelon.
- 4 cups scooped out watermelon balls or chunks
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In bowl, combine watermelon, onion, tomatoes and basil. Whisk together oil and vinegar, toss with salad. Season to taste. Serve immediately or that day .
Nutrition Nugget: Though over 90% of a watermelon’s weight is water, it is a great of source of potassium, and Vitamins A and C. The olive oil used in the recipe is also a good source of Omega-3 fats.