It’s so easy to use up leftover ingredients to make a fantastic chopped salad! You can even add leftover meat, such as chicken, to turn it into a great main dish.
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped avocado
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil. In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and oil. Toss with spinach mixture and season to taste.
Terrific Tip: To reconstitute sundried tomatoes, let stand in hot water 5 minutes, and drain.