I’ve wanted to create light desserts to go in Mini Fillo Shells (we used Athens brand) and we thought a healthy little cheesecake bite would be delightful. These are fun to make and eat—I like to pop the whole thing in my mouth to enjoy the combination of crunchy, creamy and tart all in one bite.
- 15 mini fillo shells (sold frozen)
- ¾ cup nonfat Greek yogurt, or use 2% or whatever you have
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- 4 tsp. powdered sugar (sometimes called confectioners sugar)
- 15 fresh raspberries
- If frozen, thaw the shells at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the shells from the package and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes until crisp, and allow them to cool for a few minutes. (Baking the shells isn’t strictly necessary but it makes them extra crispy.)
- Meanwhile, whisk together the yogurt, cream cheese and sugar.
- Put a spoonful (about 2 tsp.) of the mixture in the bottom of each shell, and top it with 1 raspberry
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours (the shells will get soggy, so they are best eaten immediately).
This recipe is republished here with permission from the author. The original recipe may be found here.