Savory bacon kale frittata
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 8 eggs
- 1/ 4 cup handful of kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add salt, milk and pepper and whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Take one skillet (cast-iron pan or other oven-proof skillet), put it on medium heat and sauté the bacon until the fat renders out.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and kale and cook for 20 seconds. Then, pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and cook for another 15 seconds on the stove.
- Put the pan into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or till the edges begin to brown.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!!!
Serving size: 6 Calories: 193 Fat: 9 Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 7 g Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 542 g Fiber: 5 g Protein: 10 g Cholesterol: 0 g