- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ½ cup all-purpose unbleached white flour
- ⅓ cup wheat germ
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- vegetable oil spray
- Preheat oven at 180 C or 350 F. Lightly grease the muffin tins with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, white flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and SPLENDA® Sugar Blend.
- Add in the applesauce, buttermilk, eggs, and grated carrot onto the mixture. Stir with wooden spoon until just blended (do not over mix).
- Fill half of the muffin tins with the prepared batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool in wire rack.
- Serve or store in a dry sealed container.
1 Starch, 0 Fruit, 0 Fat,
0 Vegetable, 0 Low Fat Milk