This fragrant, flavorful vegetable dish can easily be made with full-fat or non-fat yogurt to suit your meal plan and taste preferences. And, since there is such a big variety of herbs and spices in it, you can also get away with adding less salt.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 zucchini, peeled, seeded, lengthwise halved and sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dry coriander, ground
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 peppercorns
- 3 cloves, whole
- ½ cups water
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Heat oil in a pan over medium and sauté onion for 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add zucchini, salt, chili powder, turmeric, coriander, garlic powder, peppercorns and cloves.
- Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Then add ½ cup water and keep stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and yogurt. Cook covered on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if needed while cooking.
- Serve hot with whole grain flat bread.
Calories: 160 Fat: 11.0 g Saturated fat: 1.7 g Carbohydrates: 15.1 g Sugar: 8.1 g Sodium: 279 mg Fiber: 4.7 g Protein: 4.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg