Chicken Nihari (Spicy Chicken Stew)
Author: Cdiabetes Staff
- For Stew
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound skinless chicken
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced finely
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Fresh coriander, for garnishing
- For Spices Mix
- 2 black cardamom pods
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 8 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1bay leaf
- In a large pan, heat oil on medium heat.Add chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.Add remaining ingredients and a little water and cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Tie all spices in a cotton cloth. Now add spices and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to very low. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove spices bundle from stew.Cook till desired thickness.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
Calories: 230 Fat: 12.6 g Saturated fat: 2.4 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 1.5 g Sugar: 0 g Sodium: 113 mg Fiber: 0.8 g Protein: 26.5 g Cholesterol: 81 mg