Miso Glazed Tofu
This is a fantastic, slightly spicy vegetarian dish that could easily pass for meat thanks to the deep, savory flavours of miso, soy sauce and sesame oil. For a vegan variation, leave out the honey.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 Tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ Tbsp miso paste
- 2 heads baby bok choy, halved
- 2 blocks extra-firm tofu
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- ⅛ tsp red pepper powder
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice tofu into 6 pieces and dry with paper towels, taking care not to break them.
- In one bowl, add miso paste, honey, rice-wine vinegar, and soy sauce. Make a smooth paste. Add the tofu pieces and toss gently.
- Cover this bowl and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Arrange tofu pieces on a baking sheet and bake until they turn brown on both sides. This will take about 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add water and bring to a boil. Add the baby bok choy. Cook until it until it is tender. Drain and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, add ginger, soy sauce, rice-wine vinegar, sesame oil, and red pepper powder. Mix well.
- Arrange tofu pieces on a serving plate along with the baby bok choy.
- For garnish, sprinkle some sesame seeds over the top. Enjoy!
Calories: 164 Fat: 10.1 g Saturated fat: 1.4 g Carbohydrates: 8 g Sugar: 0.2 g Sodium: 152 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 15 g Cholesterol: 0 g