Butter Garlic Crab
This easy seafood dish is a great, low-carb weekday meal - it's flavorful, fast and (if you buy crab legs in season) cheap.
Author: Cdiabetes Staff
Recipe type: Main
- 4 large crab legs
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 to 3 green chilies, minced
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- With the help of a clean, unused tooth brush, clean the crab legs thoroughly.
- Take a heavy bottomed pot and put it on medium flame. Add water and bring to a boil. Add the crabs and little salt.
- Take the crab legs out after about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large pan on medium flame. Add olive oil and then, after a few seconds, add the butter.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add green chilies and cook for 5 more seconds.
- Add the crab. Season with little salt and toss well.
- Cover the wok with a lid and simmer it for 8 to 10 minutes. Check often to avoid burning.
- Turn off the flame when the crab has turned reddish pink in color. Serve hot and enjoy!
Exchanges: 1 tbsp Cream cheese 1 tbsp Salt pork ¼ oz. 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Calories: 171 Fat: 9.66 g Carbohydrates: 1 g Sugar: 0 g Sodium: 4 mg Protein: 14 g Cholesterol: 31 mg