Chicken Muamba – Gabon
Chicken Muamba - Gabon
Author: Cdiabetes Staff
- 1 kg chicken thighs pieces (cut into serving-sized pieces)
- ½ butternut squash (sliced)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1½ sliced okra
- ½ cup palm butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 6 cloves Minced garlic
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- • First of all marinate the chicken in garlic, lemon juice and salt for at least 30 minutes.
- • Take a pot and put it on medium flame. Add palm oil, add chicken.
- • Cook the chicken till it become tender.
- • Slow down the heat; add onion, garlic, chili and tomatoes. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes and stir in between.
- • Now add chicken stock and cook for 8 minutes. Add squash and again cook for more 5 to 7 minutes.
- • Add okra and simmer for 3 more minutes or until okra is properly cooked.
- • At last season with salt and freshly ground black pepper powder. Enjoy!!!
Calories: 530 Fat: 10.36 Saturated fat: 3.4 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Sugar: 11.3 g Sodium: 500mg Fiber: 6.4g Protein: 28.7 g Cholesterol: 80 mg