- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium red onion
- 12 oz. fresh shrimps, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup carrot, chopped
- ½ tsp. cumin, ground
- ½ tsp. hot paprika
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ freshly ground black pepper
- In a non-stick saucepan, cook quinoa until toasted and aromatic over medium heat. Stirring frequently. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Flake with a fork until fluffy. Set aside
- Heat oil in a skillet. Stir-fry garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the shrimps, carrot, cumin, and paprika. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and coriander. Stir to combine well. Cook further 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat.
- Transfer in a serving dish.
- Serve and enjoy.
0 Fruit, ½ Fat, 0 Vegetable
1 Starch, 3 Lean Meat,