Curried Coconut Chicken
Author: Cdiabetes Staff
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 ounce coconut milk
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup tomato puree
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high and cook curry powder for 1 minute. Stir in onion and garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add marinated chicken and toss to coat with the curry paste. Bring heat down to medium low and let chicken cook for 7-10 minutes until juices run clear.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato puree and stir to combine. Cover and let cook on low for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Calories: 296 Fat: 17.2 g Saturated fat: 8.2 g Trans fat: 17.2 g Carbohydrates: 9.7 g Sugar: 4.3 g Sodium: 90 mg Fiber: 3.1 g Protein: 26.8 g Cholesterol: 76 mg