Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms are a filling, high-protein snack that can be customized with any of your favorite cheeses and seasonings. They also make a great main course for Meatless Mondays! Omit bread crumbs for a gluten-free version.
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 2 large stuffing mushrooms (fresh)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian herb blend
- ½ Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Clean the mushrooms with a paper towel or vegetable brush and remove stems. Chop the stems finely.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a baking dish with butter or oil.
- Take a skillet and Put a on a medium flame; add the butter and melt with oil.
- Add chopped stems of mushrooms in skillet. Stir them constantly for 4 minutes or so.
- Add finely chopped green onions and garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add all these ingredients one by one, stirring in between: cheese, Italian herbs, bread crumbs, salt, parsley, and pepper.
- Arrange this stuffing into the mushroom caps and put it on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
Calories: 118 Fat: 7.8 g Saturated fat: 2.0 g Carbohydrates: 7.6 g Sugar: 1.0 g Sodium: 617.9 mg Fiber: 0.8 g Protein: 4.8 g Cholesterol: 8 mg