- 1 pound dry scallops
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sweet wine
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- cooking oil spray
- Pre-heat grill to high. Grease the grill rack with cooking oil spray.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Divide the scallops into 8 skewers.
- Grill the scallops until cooked through and golden on both sides (about 3-4 minutes on each side). Transfer in a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Cut the grapefruit in half. Using a citrus juicer, squeeze half of the grapefruit. Discard the seeds and reserve the juice. Slice the remaining grapefruit into segments. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in wine and grapefruit juice. Allow to boil until mixture is reduced by half. Add thyme and grapefruit segments. Stir. Remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce over the grilled scallops and serve immediately.
¼ Fruit, ½ Fat, 0 Vegetable
0 Starch, 3 Lean Meat, 0 Carb