Tortilla with Green Chickpeas Curry
Author: CDiabetes Staff
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 8 Baked Tortillas (made from ~ ¾ cup wheat flour)
- ~1 ¼ cup green peas
- 1 large potato (~2/3 lb size)
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp diced onion
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp mint paste
- 1 Tbsp cilantro paste
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- Place a small pot over medium heat.
- Add potato to pot and fill pot with water, enough to submerge potato slightly in water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Boil potato for several minutes, remove from heat, and drain water from pot.
- Remove skin from potato, then finely mash the potato.
- Place a deep pan over medium heat.
- Heat oil in the pan and add onion, ginger paste, salt and water.
- After boiling mixture, add green peas and mashed potato.
- Cover mixture with a lid until green peas are tender.
- Add tomato, green chili, mint and cilantro paste to pan and cook until thick gravy is formed along with the green peas.
- Serve with baked tortilla or bread and fresh salad such as cucumber and carrot salad.
Serving size: 1¼ cup Calories: 347 Fat: 4.8 g Saturated fat: .6g Carbohydrates: 65.2 g Sodium: 773 mg Fiber: 7.8 g Protein: 10.7 g Cholesterol: 0 mg