Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
This is a bright and flavorful vegetable dish that’s low in fat and high in fiber. It would be great as a holiday side dish or for a summer potluck!
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 5 tsp Extra Virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 Tbsp water, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, soft or reconstituted and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tsp red-wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place Brussels sprouts into a bowl and toss it with oil, salt and pepper.
- Take one rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon water. Roast sprouts for 8 to 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir and sprinkle with another tablespoon of water.
- Roast for another 10 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender tender.
- While you wait, grind sun-dried tomatoes with remaining oil, water, garlic, vinegar, pine nuts and oregano in a food processor or blender. Grind until you achieve a rough pesto texture.
- Now stir Brussels sprouts in Parmesan and toss with the prepared pesto.
Calories: 99 Fat: 6 g Saturated fat: 2.0 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Sugar: 1.0 g Sodium: 185 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 1 mg