Indian Savory Pancakes
Ready for some flavour? Try these fragrant, savory pancakes for dinner tonight!
Recipe type: Main
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup gram flour
- 3 Tbsp rice flour
- ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ finely chopped tomato
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- In a large bowl, add rice flour, gram flour and whole wheat flour.
- Add chopped tomato and onion. Mix well.
- Add seasoning: cumin seeds, salt, red chili powder, cilantro and chopped green chilli. Gradually add the water.
- Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium flame and grease the pan with oil.
- Now pour ¼ cup batter in the center of the pan.
- Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it starts to turn darker brown.
- Flip the pancake and apply a little bit of oil to this side also.
- Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with ketchup or any of your favorite chutneys.
Calories: 94 Fat: 1.8 g Carbohydrates: 14.6 g Sugar: 2.2 g Sodium: 4.4 mg Fiber: 3.5 g Protein: 4.9 g Cholesterol: 0.0 g